Magnetic Slime is a super cool science experiment where you can make your dancing slime. You just need some easily available items like laser printer toner, water, and scotch guard and neodymium magnets. How can you make your slime dance? Well, that’s the scientific part
Safety First! Adult Supervision Required. Don’t Eat/Drink your Experiments, Wear safety goggles where ever required
Materials and tools required.
- Printer cartridge
- Printer toner
- A4 Sheets
- Scotch guard
- A big bolt
- Neodymium magnets
- Transparent glasses and bowls
- Googly eyes
Video on Youtube for the Experiment
What to Do!
- Empty the printer cartridge on an A4 Sheet.
- Now, transfer the contents in a transparent bowl.
- Spray scotch-guard in the bowl.Mix the contents well to form slime.
- Take a big bolt and attach Neodymium magnets on it.
- This is your magnetic rod.
- Place the slime on a white sheet of paper and play around with it.
Images for Instructions
Working Principle of Magnetic Slime Experiment :
In this experiment, the main property is magnetism! The neodymium magnets attract the slime because the slime contains iron fillings which are present in the printer toner. Therefore, when the neodymium magnets are brought close to the slime, magnetic repulsion and attractions are produced between the iron fillings and the magnet.
The slime is able to hold onto its iron filings by adhesion. Adhesion is the force that holds molecules of different substances together. In addition to adhesion, the slime is bonded together by cohesion, the force that holds molecules of the same substance together. The combination of magnetism, adhesion, and cohesion results in the weird, stretchy noses and tails that appear when you hover the neodymium magnet near the slime!
Science Box for Kids by Zlife Education :
- New Experiments every Month.
- Shipped to your door step
- Conduct hands on activities at Home
- Age 7+
- Over 12+ Cool Science Topics – Rockets , Chemistry, Electronics, Polymers , Engineering, Magnets, Forensic, Colors and dyes, Kitchen science +more
- Delivered across India
- Subscribe Now